Mining Water on the MoonMay 27, 2019
Remote Operation InstituteJuly 17, 2019
OLP Robotics is dedicated to supporting Australian & New Zealand companies improve their safety, quality & productivity through affordable process automation.
Space Industries took a visit to OLP Robotics today to get some advise on various types of robots, function of robots on the market and a demonstration of the RobotWorks software used to simulate robots in the Solidworks 3D software.
RobotWorks is a powerful CAD software tool that allows users to quickly create robot programs in just a few clicks of the mouse. A fully integrated add-on to the common CAD platform SolidWorks, RobotWorks calculates robot motion based on CAD features constructed to represent the real-life setup.
Benefits and features of RobotWorks include:
- create new programs in the engineering office whilst the real robot is running production
- all program and CAD setup files (company IP) are retained for future reference and backups
- fast programming time makes low volume production runs economical
- mathematically precise and repeatable motion
- compatibility with multiple robot brands, not limiting the purchaser to a single OEM
- simple to use in-built tools to aid in path generation
- integration with SolidWorks, a common and robust CAD platform
- CAD simulation allows reach and collision testing of the entire work cell prior to purchasing robots or equipment